QuickBooks has been revolutionary accounting software that has changed the way small and big businesses handle their books of accounts. Know some great tips and tricks about better handling of accounts in QuickBooks. It is available in various formats like QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Window, QuickBooks Mac and many more. It has made the work of accountants much easier but however being technical software it is sometime prone of errors, one of which is Error 6000.
The QuickBooks Error 6000 has various variations like Error 6000 -83, Error 6000 20 and Error 6000 77.
If you receive a message while accessing QuickBooks file saying
“Error -6000, -80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file”
Then it is error 6000 -83 and could be because of various reasons like
- QuickBooks installation was not completed
- A company file or folder has been damaged
- Server doesn’t have the necessary permission to access company files
- A security software denies QuickBooks the permission to access the files
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6000 -77 occurs are
- When a company file is located on external storage device instead of local drive or network.
- The user has put in incorrect folder permission details
This issue can be solved by simply restarting QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 6000 -80
this error usually comes up when a user is trying to access a company file from the server. The main reasons behind this error could be:
- The user is trying to access Corrupted Company file.
- Some of the data from the company file has been converted over the network
- More than one computer is hosting the same file simultaneously.
- There is connection interruption with the server.
The various ways by which this Error 6000 -80 could be addressed are
- By updating the system and server with the latest version
- Try to copy the company file or back up file in a local drive and then try to reinstall or restore that file back on the computer.
- Seek help of QuickBooks file doctor to resolve the problem
To address all version of QuickBooks Error 6000 Support , The user can seek valuable help from QuickBooks File Doctor or QuickBooks Support Team but if the problem persist for long then it the user might also want to seek help of Third Party Technical Support Company. It is better to get permanent fixture for QuickBooks error than opting for temporary fixes that might in future lead to more damage to your computer system.